Advent is the season of the year leading up to Christmas. It reminds us both of Jesus birth 2000 years ago and of the daily presence of the divine in everyone and everything. Advent asks us the questions: Do we have room for LOVE? (Read more.)
Collective Worship Gatherings are: Simple, reflective, interactive, honest... and TASTY.
The service begins at 4ish with dinner after. Bring something to share for the potluck if you are able! (There will be beverages, plates, napkins and utensils available for all)
3 Notes about this week's service:
1. The Parking Lot is off of Pleasant St. (See Map)
2. The building is confusing. The easiest way to find us is enter the building through the red doors on the corner of East & Main. Otherwise - follow the signs posted through out the building and you will eventually find the potluck.
3. The Potluck is after the service. It will be in the common room directly below the Sanctuary, rather than in the kitchen (There is another event in the kitchen)
How to find our advent services.
CollectiveMKE's services are:
- Simple - not much in the way of glitz or fog. Just straight forward engagement in community and the Biblical story.
- Reflective - we take time to pause and think and let things settle in. We want to hear from God, right in the middle of our real lives and community.
- Interactive - Everyone matters! Our sermons are interactive with space of anyone present to share what they see and ask questions. We are seeking to experience God together. We draw from the Church calendar, the great traditions of Christianity, and the people in the room.
- Honest - Our goal is to avoid pretense, cliche, and rhetoric and to focus on real human engagement with each other, our faith, and God.
*KIDS ARE A VITAL PART OF COLLECTIVEMKE: We would love to see your kids at the Worship Gathering. Children of all ages are always welcome to attend the full service.
Those children ages 4-elementary school age who do not wish to stay for the duration will be dismissed immediately following the musical portion of the regular service for a special time of stories, crafts, and games tailored to their learning styles.
*A nursery can be made available for children 3 and under, as well.